The Virginia COMLINC Radio Network interfaces to over 100 radio systems within the state of Virginia, converts the signal to IP, and connects the state within a secure, unified communications platform allowing for:
- Multi-jurisdictional radio interoperability
- Multi-jurisdictional communications including VoIP, Chat and File Transfer
- Remote access to permissioned users
- Basic CAD and local radio interoperability (where needed)
- Centralized state assistance in the event of a wide-spread emergency
- Smartphone and video interfacing (where available)
The map below illustrates a select few RIOS Gateway locations within the Virginia COMLINC.